Sunday 15 November 2009

Deffcoptas to the rescue!

Sorry about not posting for a while. Uni work and a camera on the blink has stopped me doing much to the blog for the past few days but here is a lil' post for you all.

I'm not sure why people don't much like Deffcoptas. When I use them they usualy do great. Dropping bombs on packed infantry, taking out light armour like Landspeeders and Vypers. Sure they don't hit most of the time and they are a little bit pricey but Turbo Boosting halfway across the board to contest an objective for the win is awesome. A bit of Fritz inspired "Turn five, I win". I like the strategy of holding my objective and contesting the others and I think it's the way forward. For one thing you don't need to take so many troops which lets you have lots of fun with all the other cool toys in a codex because lets face it, the troops section isn't the bit you look forward to reading.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed!

    I'm currently an eldar player, but my next army will likely be orks... and I intend to run a bunch of deffcoptas. I think keeping some of that mobility will help me transition from one army to the next.

    It also doesn't hurt that you can get the Black Reach ones really cheap.

    ReplyDelete