Saturday 31 October 2009

Lootas and Warbikers.

I have been thinking about these two units for my 1500pt army. I can only use one of them. The rest of list will be 3 boy mobs in 3 battlewagons with a SAG mek and some grots hold my home objective. This leaves me with about 230 points to play with iirc. There are two options that I can see will be usefull.

Unit 1:
9 Warbikers
Nob with BP+PK

Pros:
Fast enough to keep up with battlewagons and can quickly come to the aid of a boy mob if needed. The also have quite a bit of fire power. Can move to contset objectives if needed.

Cons:
Are basicaly a tiny boyz mob, vulnerable to morale checks and won't perfom that well in cc despite the Klaw due to low numbers.

Unit 2:
Lootas mob

Pros:
Immense amount of firepower. Hard to root out when in cover. Will be a favourable target for outflankers which could help the gretchin last longer if deployed far apart.

Cons:
Low numbers make them vulnerable to morale checks like the Warbikers. Suck in combat. Will get shot to hell and back.

All things told its about even and I don't realy know what to do. Both have advantages that could be useful but I'm not sure what I need.

Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment